Adventure Cyclist invites you to enter your most stunning photos — highlighting the beauty, adventure, and inspiration of bicycle travel — in our 15th Annual Bicycle Travel Photo Contest.
We're looking for your most spectacular bike travel images in five categories:
- En Route: whatever the route, wherever the location, we want to see your shots documenting active bicycle travel.
- People/Portraits: we want to see portraits (including self portraits!) of bicycle travelers experiencing all the life-changing joys and struggles that come along with adventure.
- Around Camp: this category covers all the down time of bicycle travel — typically at a campsite, but also in hotel rooms, at Warmshowers stays, or wherever you call "camp".
- Maiden Voyage: new in 2023 — whether you went on your first tour two months ago or twenty years ago, show us your best photos from it!
- Cover Shot: the winning photo of this category will be published on the cover of the July/August 2024 issue of Adventure Cyclist. Keep in mind that our cover is oriented vertically, will have the Adventure Cyclist logo printed at the top, and your photo should be high enough resolution to be printed 8.5"x11.125".
Your original images in digital format, capturing all aspects of bike travel, are eligible for the competition. For some examples of exceptional submissions, check out the winners of the 13th Annual Bicycle Travel Photo Contest.
The winner of each category will receive $300 cash. Both winners and honorable mentions will receive free one-year memberships with Adventure Cycling. Chosen images will be printed in the July/August 2024 issue of Adventure Cyclist magazine — reaching over 54,000 people worldwide. The images will also be featured on adventurecycling.org, which is visited by more than a million people annually.
The contest opens July 1, 2022, and closes December 31, 2022, at 11:59pm Mountain Time. Photo entries will be judged based on creativity, quality, originality, responsiveness to the prompt, and overall impact. You may submit up to 5 photographs per category for a contest total of 25 submissions. In order to be printed in Adventure Cyclist without being stretched or distorted, contestants must submit photographs in .jpeg or .jpg format, at least 4,000 pixels wide, and no smaller than 8 MB.