Thank you for your interest in Adventure Cyclist Online. We love to share bike travel. We accept pitches and stories on a rolling basis year-round, reviewing submissions quarterly and responding as quickly as we can. It's a time-consuming process, so please bear with us.
Guidelines for Contributors & Freelancers
- Adventure Cyclist Online only publishes original content from real people doing bicycle travel.
- Photos make all the difference, so please submit high-quality photography with your submission.
Adventure Cyclist Online generally publishes the following:
Inspiring, Historical, or Amusing Stories related to bicycle travel. Click here for an example.
How-To Articles on ways to plan, navigate, pack, prepare, and handle any obstacle of a bicycle trip. Click here for an example.
Trip Reports: There’s nothing like a good story of a bicycle trip or bike overnight of where you went, what was special about it, and how others can do it too. Click here for an example.
Photo Essays: A set or series of photographs that are intended to tell a story. Please include captions with all photographs.
No length requirements: Posts should simply be high quality and comprehensive.
What we pay is negotiable, but generally ranges from $150-250 per article, with the lower end of the scale representing what we pay first-time writers and the higher end what we pay repeat writers. We buy first rights and will consider simultaneous submissions as long as we are informed of the other publications considering your submission. We do not pay for photography separately.
- We prefer a well-written and high-quality, original article.
- We prefer an article that reflects the writing style and tone of Adventure Cyclist Online.
- Include a short author bio including a maximum of 1 anchor text link to your own website.
- Include proper attribution of photos, data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article.
- The Adventure Cyclist Online team reserves the right to copy-edit content as we see fit and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
- Adventure Cycling reserves the right to include calls-to-action to Adventure Cycling content, including but not limited to newsletters, campaigns, and downloadable content.
Send Us Your Story or Inquiry
All inquiries, text documents, and images must be sent to us through Submittable. If you don't already have an account with Submittable, you will be prompted to start one. Accounts are free and will allow you to track your submission as it makes its way through our system.
For additional information or questions regarding a pitch, please email the online editor, Jessica, at firstname.lastname@example.org.